Monday, September 19, 2011

Terrible, Terrible Week

   I've spent most of this past week passed out on the couch. I managed to go to my radiation oncology consultation appointment Tuesday and get my Neupogen shot afterwards. The radiation oncologist, Dr. B., doesn't know whether to give me radiation or not. She said if patients have 4 or more cancer-positive lymph nodes removed, they get radiation. But I only had 3. But she's worried about my age. But then she's also worried that my genes are screwed up so radiating me might cause more tumors down the road, but not doing radiation might not cure this bout of cancer.  Great. So she's undecided and is going to check with some other specialists first. I'm going back next Friday, September 30th, to find out what they say. I'm tired of being a medical anomaly...
   I had a test in one class after I got home that day. I somehow got an 82, 10 points above the class average! Not bad for the day after chemo. I had a quiz in another class Wednesday and got an 84. Chemo brain is definitely kicking in, along with the exhaustion, nausea, severe chest pain, a low-grade fever all week, and this terrible taste in my mouth. Usually the side effects lessen by the weekend, but it's now Monday and things are still kicking. I'm miserable.  But I still have three chapters to read in Networking, two homework assignments due for Databases, and a program due Thursday. Of course, these are just the assignments I know about, since I miss a lot of stuff by not actually going to class. But on a brighter note, even if I get D's in all three of these classes, I can still graduate with a 3.5 GPA. Good thing I worked my ass off the last three years so now I can sleep through this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment