Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Starting the Cytoxan (Again)

   Finally got some chemo yesterday, the second round of Cytoxan, but the first time with just it alone. I got there at 8:00 (Dr. C caught me in the elevator on his way up from the cafeteria), and didn't leave until 12:45. They even checked my blood counts before the other patients because they were worried I'd need a transfusion (and be there even longer...). My counts were decent though, my hemoglobin went up to 9, but my platelets were only 78. My blood pressure's still low (86/50), which means I get it taken twice by two different nurses every time.
   Getting the chemo itself was uneventful. I even managed to get some homework done. I started getting a slight headache near the end, which they had mentioned could happen if they infuse it too fast, but it went away pretty quickly. As soon as I left the hospital (and was mopping up the blood oozing out of their tiny bandaids, remind me to bring my own next time), I started feeling really nauseous and tired. I made it home and took a nap. Hopefully yesterday was the worst of it? I couldn't sleep at all last night either, and the FIVE times I got up to pee, I was really dizzy, which I'll let the nurses know today when I go for my shot. But I'm feeling better today, I just hope it doesn't get worse later in the week like with the Adriamycin.
   If there's anything else I'm supposed to update about, I definitely can't remember right now, thanks chemobrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment