The genetics counselor called me this morning to tell me the results of the P53 genetic test they did: No mutations found! Which is good, but she's going to see if there are any other tests we can do. It'd be nice to have an answer, just not a bad one.
I also got a scary bill from the doctor's office today. From August 8th (two months to process?). I called up Tricare and the woman was so nice, she checked all the other claims to make sure they went through properly and even looked into my wig reimbursement. Apparently they denied the claim for a lot of reasons, but someone over there messed up in the filing process. And the receipt I sent had gotten folded over when they imaged it, so it said $45 instead of $450! She told me everything I needed to do to make sure it's taken care of, and now I need to resend everything. She even informed me of how many referral visits I have for oncology and transferred me to the Referral people to see if I could get more. Unfortunately, that's when my phone decided to cut out. So I called Tmobile after that. They can only offer me two new phones for my warranty exchange now since my current one is almost a year old, so I'm going to research my options. It's really frustrating trying to make all these important phone calls when I don't get service inside the house and the wifi-calling on my phone is messed up.
It's technically my Fall Break until Wednesday. My midterm grades were pretty good considering I haven't been to a single class and how chemo makes my brain feel fuzzy. I'll either be getting chemo this Monday or next Monday depending on how my counts are doing and/or if I can talk the doctor into working around my vacation schedule. We're leaving Friday, October 29th to go to Myrtle Beach/Charleston, and won't be back until November 5th or 6th. But then I'm supposed to leave November 8th for Grace Hopper, so we might have to work chemo into Monday, Nov. 7th instead. I might not be going anywhere if I don't hear back from the physical therapist first. My hand's still swollen and hurts and doing things like folding clothes or scrubbing the bathtub does NOT help at all. Hopefully they can get me in for an appointment as soon as possible.
My cousin Lindsey's coming up for the weekend and is going to help me landscape our "back yard" for the dogs. It's all dirt and dead plants and poop right now so it definitely needs some work. I also went ahead and ordered the FURminator after seeing some pictures and videos of the magic it can do. It should be arriving very soon. I'm so tired of eating dog hair with every meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment