Sunday, January 1, 2012

Boring Update...

   Not much has been going on with this chemo. I go Tuesday or Wednesday each week and hang out for 4 or 5 hours getting the Taxol and then the Herceptin. They only give me a pill of Benadryl, so it's not as bad as the IV version, but I still end up taking a nap while I'm there.
   Four down, eight to go. And then surgery. And then radiation. And Herceptin for another nine months. And Tamoxifen for five years. Fun fun.
   For now, I've just been lounging around since I'm on winter break for school. Classes start again next Monday, but they should be more "fun" this semester. Of course anything's more fun than trying to finish my last few major classes while going through the worst part of chemo (got all As by the way, but I'm pretty sure the professors felt sorry for me, and didn't want to go to hell for giving the cancer student bad grades). My head has definitely cleared up on this chemo, so I can actually multitask again. I only get nauseous for about a day now, but it's not nearly as bad as before, more of a general "bleh" feeling. They don't normally tell me my blood counts unless I ask, but they've been high enough to give me chemo. I have been pretty tired, but it's manageable. My biggest problem right now is that my nose keeps getting clogged up with some bloody clots (ew gross I know) and my fingers and toes are definitely starting to go numb from the Taxol.
   As least my hair's growing back in (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment