Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Not So Boring Update
I got Taxol #5 today. I'm supposed to have 7 left, but since my fingers are getting worse, I might not be able to finish all 12 treatments. If they're still worse next week, Dr. C says we're going to stop the Taxol altogether and switch the Herceptin to every 3 weeks instead of weekly. This would also bump up my potential surgery date to February instead of the end of March. I have an appointment with the surgeon January 19th, but they might call me if something sooner opens up. AND this would mean I could potentially finish radiation before graduation (May 12th) instead of trying to schedule around it. I really wouldn't mind finishing chemo "early" because it generally makes me feel like crap, but I also need to make sure I do as much as I can this time to prevent this from happening again. Dr. C says it's about balance, and the numbness in my fingers might never get better so we don't want it to get any worse. So we'll see what happens next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment