Friday, July 29, 2011

Bone Scan

   I had a bone scan today. They did the radioactive injection first and then we had to find something to do for two hours until the scan, so we stuffed ourselves at a NJ diner. The scan was pretty short using the same open-sided machine as my heart test, but the tech person strapped my arms down and put a rubberband around my feet so I wouldn't move. She said I didn't need any extra x-rays, which I'm guessing is a good thing because she let us leave after that and gave me a copy of the images (below).
   The home nurse also came by to do my discharge papers since the drain's out. She seemed surprised that I'm planning to get a mastectomy, and that I wanted smaller boobs instead. She said mine were a "good size for [my] height and weight." Uhh? No, I will definitely get a smaller, less problematic set that won't try to kill me.

   One of the web comics that I regularly read had an oddly appropriate, but very depressing comic today: http://xkcd.com/931. I'm sure Grandma's book of Russian obscenities has other ideas of what we'd all like to do to cancer...

No comments:

Post a Comment