Surgery was scheduled for 10 AM this morning, so Mommy and I got to spend 3 hours waiting in an ice box. Dr. K put a fancy new port in on my left side, with a new scar since the old one's been cut open too many times already. I requested she sew it on extra tight so it doesn't come loose like the last one. No problems so far, it's only a little sore.
She also did the biopsy on the mysterious lump the MRI found in the left breast and got the results right away. If it had been cancerous, she would've done a sentinel biospy on that side too. Luckily it wasn't!
The right side wasn't so lucky apparently and Dr. K ended up taking out more than the sentinel node. I now have a really gross/bloody drain coming out of that side and a very painful armpit. A nurse just emptied it and measured 20 mL. She said it's better that the stuff comes out, otherwise it could cause an infection. I'm also on antibiotics just in case (and Vicodin mmm).
The doctor's going to talk to me in the morning to go over everything she did and what I need to do now. I have an appointment to discuss chemo this Friday, but I also have a dentist appointment next week which I need to get done before they screw over my immune system (I actually go to the dentist unlike some members of my family...). So I don't know when chemo starts yet, but will keep posted.
Now I get to spend the night in the hospital next to Miss Virginia and her pee pads. Oh and my own pee is blue for the next 24 to 48 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment