Finally got my drain taken out today. Dr. K ripped all the tape off from my other bandages first, so I barely noticed when she pulled the drain out of my side. The hole will "leak" a little for a few days, but should heal up fine. She showed me some exercises to do to keep my arm and shoulder flexible. (I also pointed out my double jointed elbows, and she told me to let the genetics counselor know.) I'm scheduled to see Dr. K again August 25th to make sure my exercises or working or else I'll go see a physical therapist. I'm also penciled in for January 10th or 17th for the bilateral mastectomy, which means I have to get in touch with the plastic surgeon before then to find out about reconstruction. Dr. K said the results of the lymph node surgery showed that 3 of the 10 she removed were cancerous. Good thing they're gone.
Now I'm going to go take my first shower in 9 days. Goodbye armpit odors!
Update post-shower:
I don't know what was scarier: seeing the four inch incision under my arm for the first time, or the small forest that has taken root in my armpit. Omg.
No comments:
Post a Comment