Sunday, August 14, 2011

And Now I'm Hungry

   I'm feeling much better. I was a little nauseous and tired yesterday, but we managed to go out shopping for new sheets, even though Kyle wanted to whine the whole time. I ended up buying the mattress on my wishlist Friday night, and it got here Saturday afternoon (thanks Amazon Prime!). We've only slept on it one night so far, but I can finally sleep on my side again without it hurting so I think it was worth it. It's much quieter than our other one too, which is good for when I get up to pee five times in the middle of the night.
   The shots are going okay I guess, except for the nasty bruise Kyle left on my leg. My neck and shoulders still hurt from them. And my chest has been hurting since yesterday morning when I breathe in too deep. I'm going to call tomorrow and let them know (what were they going to tell me to do on the weekend besides go to the ER?). I've been checking my temperature and it's been normal, so that's good. I definitely want to switch to the one-time shot instead of 30 more, especially since I'm not having any bone pain. I'll ask about it during my next round.
   My scars look like they're healing okay, the creepy twine stuff finally came off. I'll admit I've been slack on my arm stretches, but I make sure I stretch it out somewhat every day, and it's definitely improving since the surgery. Kyle pointed out the extra piece of skin in my armpit now though. Eww. But I think the feeling's starting to come back.
   I'm glad the nausea's gone at least (for now), but now I have a different problem: It seems like I'm hungry all the time. Food's getting its normal taste back too. It's good to know the week between chemo might not be so bad after all. But it sucks that I have 3 more rounds of this crap, and then some.

1 comment:

  1. Eat eat eat!!! After being nauseous and sleepy, eating and having the food taste okay again should feel amazing! Enjoy it!

    Hope everything else is working out better. Keep us updated! :) <3

    ReplyDelete