Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day After Chemo: I'm Still Alive!

   Today was aggravating. I've been feeling a little nauseous, my ears were ringing last night (Dr. C said it might be from the steroids , and most of the stuff I eat tastes like crap. I spent most of the morning calling Financial Aid at CofC trying not to yell at dumb people. Someone from Disability Services ended up walking my forms over to their office to make sure they had everything in order. I have to call back Financial Aid tomorrow since no one picked up when I tried to call back later. Dr. C called this morning too, to check up on me. He said if I haven't gotten sick and vomited already that I probably won't at all. Oh good.
    Kyle and I went grocery shopping when he got off work, and that was exhausting. I did order some new glasses online really cheap though. Walmart wanted over $120 just to replace my lenses in old frames, but I used Goggles4u and got two pairs of glasses for $55 total. One pair's even tinted and both pairs have fancy coatings on the lenses. There are a bunch of coupons online too if anyone's looking for new glasses. Hopefully nothing will go wrong with them.
    Kyle was supposed to give me my first Neupogen shot today, which we picked up from the pharmacy earlier. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check them there, so when I pulled them out at 9:00, it turns out we only have vials of medication. The nurse told us we'd be getting prefilled syringes, with safety caps. I called the doctor's office and gave the nurse my number to have the on-call doctor call me back. A few minutes later, I had a voicemail on my phone, but it hadn't rung at all. The doctor said he'd called about 3 or 4 times, and that if was urgent, patients usually pick up their phone. Uhhh.. Thanks T-Mobile for my in-home dead zone. Gotta get that taken care of. I called back the nurse and gave her Kyle's number. The doctor says I should be fine for tonight, but to call first thing in the morning to see about getting some syringes.
   I also just added a wishlist to the blog if anyone noticed. I really want a brand-new memory foam mattress before my next surgery because the one we have now is murderous on my new wounds. Christmas would be good timing, hint hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment