I've spent most of the last two days sleeping... We went back to the hospital yesterday to get the shot situation straightened out. The nurse gave us a huge bag of syringes, an awesome reminder of just how many shots I have to look forward to. The pharmacy called yesterday too and let me know they had another 10 vials ready for me by mistake. We also went wig shopping, which is way harder than deciding on a regular haircut, since this is permanent, and a lot more expensive. I need to make sure I have all the insurance stuff in order first before I spend $450 on some nylon hair. Apparently I still need some "Certification of Medical Necessity" for Tricare to cover it, even though the doctor gave me a prescription for a wig, with the reason for needing one written on it. So I guess I'll ask at my next appointment.
The anti-nausea medication makes me dizzy and drowsy, but I'm hoping the nausea will start to get better. Everything still tastes like crap. The shots aren't giving me any bone pain, yet, thankfully, but my shoulder and back muscles are really sore. And I've been really shaky, which didn't start until after the first Neupogen shot yesterday.
I can't believe classes start in two weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment